|| About Us
The Temple University Police Department is one of the largest police departments in Pennsylvania. The officers attend the Police Academy and are authorized to enforce the law and make arrests similar to any municipal police department. Some of the services provided are crime prevention, uniformed patrol, investigative services, bicycle patrol, and more.
For more information on University Campus Safety, visit here .
Medical Emergency (Ambler and Fort Washington campuses) and
Police Emergency (Fort Washington campus)
- Call 9-1-1 (Dial 9-911 from all University telephones) and provide your location on campus, nature of emergency, name, and telephone number.
- Immediately call Temple University Police (215-204-1234), confirm that you have called 9-1-1 , and provide your location on campus, nature of emergency, name, and telephone number.
Police Emergency (Ambler campus)
- Call Temple University Police (215-204-1234) and provide your location on campus, nature of emergency, name, and telephone number.
- Immediately exit the building and pull the fire alarm as you leave.
- Call 9-1-1 (Dial 9-911 from all University telephones)
- Call Temple University Police (215-204-1234), confirm that you have called 9-1-1 , and apprise them of the situation.
- For all other emergencies, contact Temple University Police at 215-204-1234.
Emergency phones are located throughout the Ambler campus.
- Top of the student parking lot
- Center of the student parking lot
- Next to walkway in the student parking lot
- Behind the Dining Center
- On the walkway between the Library and Health Services Center
- On the walkway between Dixon Hall and Meetinghouse Road
- At the entrance to the Learning Center parking lot
- On the roadway at East Hall
- On the walkway next to Meetinghouse Road
Escort Service is available seven days a week from dusk to dawn to all persons affiliated with Temple University. Call the Temple Police radio for an escort at the number listed above. Keep in mind that sometimes a van is not immediately available, but please be patient, and the escort will arrive as soon as possible.
Lost and Found
Lost items can be claimed at the Campus Safety Office in Bright Hall .
Emergency Closing Numbers
- KYW Closing Numbers:
- Ambler/Fort Washington
- Day classes - 426
- Evening classes - 2426
- Main Campus
- Day classes - 101
- Evening classes - 2101
- Please Note: Emergency closing for Temple University Fort Washington is announced in Montgomery County closings. The number is 2426 for graduate evening classes (beginning after 4 p.m.). Information is also available at www.temple.edu and from the TU Hotline at 215-204-1975. Graduate and non-credit faculty are requested to call the Administrative Office, 267-468-8500, to notify staff of late arrival to class or cancellation of the class.
- Non-credit students taking classes in the day and evening should listen for the Temple University Fort Washington emergency closing numbers (Day - 426; Evening - 2426). In addition, non-credit students will be notified by phone or e-mail by the office staff about any other cancellations or changes to the schedule.