Make a difference!
Meet and network with other students. Experience the fun and excitement of organizing fundraisers and sponsoring events. Join a Temple University Ambler student organization! Take advantage of the opportunities to become involved in campus life.
Don’t see an organization that suits your goals or interests? Start one of your own on campus!
About 30 organizations are typically available on campus:
VISIT HERE FOR A FULL LIST OF STUDENT ORGANIZATIONS.
If you are wondering why you should become involved on campus here are some reasons:
- You can explore your interests and develop new interests.
- Expand your network.
- Develop transferable skills that can be used in your future career such as leadership, organization, time management, team work, and communication skills.
- Gain knowledge in the industry you hope to enter.
- Satisfaction of knowing you have helped others.
- Meet new friends.
- Gain hands-on experience that you do not get in the classroom.
- Make professional contacts.
- Enhance your chances of getting admitted to graduate school.
- Build your resumé.
- Strengthen your written and oral skills.
- Learn about your own skills and abilities.
- According to research, students who get involved on campus are more likely to do well in their academics.
All student organizations must select an advisor for their organization. The advisor should be a faculty, staff, or administrative member of the University, ideally at the Ambler campus. Advisors receive training and support from the Office of Student Life.
This is an excellent way for faculty, staff, and administration to connect with our students and help guide them through positive experiences during their college career.
Registered organizations have the privilege of reserving meeting and event space in Bright Hall through the Office of Student Life. The office also assists student organizations in getting room reservations in other campus buildings.
Rooms are available at no cost to the organization unless a set-up by Facilities Management is requested. Reservations involving set-ups should be made at least 2 weeks in advance. All requests are made to the Office of Student Life.